About Me

My photo
Treasure Island, FL, United States
Just another one of the women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer every 65 seconds.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Three Year Anniversary and Results of my Saliva Test

Kind of an odd combination: anniversary and test results but WTH. First the anniversary: last year we went to the Grand Canyon (awesome) and year one we went to Key West and stayed in a cool B&B (also awesome). Due to the BC, I had no planning time (or energy) but managed to cadge 4 days off work the week of 8/15. We are going to Anna Maria Island to stay at the Harrington House B&B. We stayed there on our honeymoon and had a blast eating in every 4 star restaurant on the island. This year will be a repeat eating fest (I will TRY to stick to my anti-cancer diet but may cheat with dessert).
Anyway, yesterday was the day and we went to our local fave restaurant, O Bistro. I cheated a little and ate veal (I am sure it was hormone-fed) but no dessert. 2 glasses of Cabernet. Woo hoo!

Now, the test result was very interesting. It is a saliva test that measures hormones. The results and optimal ranges are different than the blood hormone tests and I wish I knew the saliva level for estradiol that taking an Aromatase Inhibitor would generate. I have been taking AI-type supplements as well as eating AI foods. One woman on my BCO forum said her estradiol was 10, which her doc said was great but hers was a blood test. Mine was .7, which the saliva testing company said is low. Optimal for menopausal women is .5-1.7. ??? Sigh. So much I don't know and haven't a clue how to find the answers.
But I will keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment