Monday I see the radiological oncologist. Lucky me. You know from earlier posts just how much the little twerp irritates me. But the good news is - this will be the LAST time I ever have to lay eyes on him (although as I said before, he really is easy on the eyes). One last eyeful then sayonara, twerp!
Following that visit, I go to the gastroenterologist. This is the same dude I had when I had the perforated ulcer back in 2004. My primary care doc is trying to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of my diarrhea and want me to do a colonoscopy. Well, so did the gastro back 6 years ago. I side-stepped that but did agree to a follow-up endoscopy to make sure the ulcer was dead and gone. It was, since I did it to myself by eating 20 Advil a day. No problem with ulcers anymore. So I go see him then he will schedule the dreaded colonoscopy. Having never done one, I can only go on what friends have told me: the prep is worse than the procedure.
Final doctor is my oncologist. I am dreading this one because he will want me to start taking Arimidex. I really don't want to take it but I am sort of ambivalent. On the one hand, it is proven to prevent recurrance but on the other hand it is proven to cause osteoporosis, joint pain and there are MANY other side effects it can cause that are too numerous to list. I am going to ask him if he is going to test my estrogen levels because the drug is supposed to drop them like a rock. I am suspecting he won't do it.
I have a problem with the blanket assumption that the drug works the same for everyone. I am not everyone and I want to know it's working if I am going to poison myself.
So after him, I head to the airport for a trip to Birmingham. I love that city. Anyway, only there for the day then back home.
So Marty is off tonight...shock! A Friday night where we can actually have a date like real people! Have to think of somewhere to go that I really have been wanting to try.
Since I have been taking the B12 supplement, I have tons more energy. So tomorrow is "clean out the garage" day. UGH! But it needs to be done.

Hi Barbara! I'm on the June2010 Rads Discussion Board, but don't really post. Congrats on finishing and I hope you have a blast on your vacation! I just wanted to share a bit of advice a friend gave me about colonoscopies. She has had several. :(. She told me to try to schedule their last one, late in the day. Then you drink the vile stuff in the morning and you'll pardon, run to the restroom all day and then go for the procedure. She felt it was far superior to um, running all night! Good luck!
ReplyDelete