About Me

My photo
Treasure Island, FL, United States
Just another one of the women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer every 65 seconds.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Doctor day - Ugh!

OK, doctor number one was the easy on the eyes radio oncologist. Remember the one with the arrogant, 'I am God" attitude? Anyway, he is really good so I went. I was thinking this would be the last one, because he doesn't need to do anything to me again, right? I guess I was wrong. I have to go back a month after my one bad boob mammogram in October (which they scheduled for me). I have a both boob mammo in April then the one boob in November. I guess this is the new normal.

So he takes a look and says "You got great cosmetic results!" and I am like, "What, did you think I would end up with a fried boob and a char-grilled nipple?". Anyway, I am glad to see what I thought would be the last of him but it's not to be...yet.

Then on to the gastroenterologist. This is the guy I had when I woke up in St Pete General (after having an emergency perforated ulcer surgery) and there he was. I didn't even know where I was let alone who this dude was. Anyway, I went to him every three months for a year to make sure the ulcer was under control. He told me I would have to take Nexium for life and I told him NFW! I do not have a problem with my stomach. I GAVE myself the ulcer by taking 20 Advil a day for 4 months. I did take it for a year to make sure I healed up OK. After that, I reluctantly let him talk me into an endoscopy to take a look at the ulcer to be sure it was healed and gone. No prob. Then he tries to talk me into a colonoscopy and I was outta there so fast, I broke the speed of sound.

So, today I go to him because my PCP tested my stool and blood to try and find out what my diarrhea is all about. He wanted me to have a colonoscopy. I went to see the dude, albeit reluctantly. So fortunately for me I saw my friend Kas and she said they will have 110lb me drink a gallon of the stuff and that is the SAME amount they had her 220lb husband drink. NFW!! I asked him about that and I said, listen, I have had diarrhea for 4 months. If I drink all that, I will be in the hospital. So he agreed to a half gallon. Right. Maybe a quart. SO these guys don't snooze because they know you will back out so I am headed there next Monday. Ugh.

Having cancer is a PITA.

No comments:

Post a Comment