About Me

My photo
Treasure Island, FL, United States
Just another one of the women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer every 65 seconds.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Prep Day - Uggghh!

Ok, the directions say to take 4 dulcolax at noon then start drinking the stuff at 3. Well, I want to go see the band and they play from 2-7:30 so I took the laxatives at 9:30. Started drinking the stuff at 10:45. Ugh. Double ugh. I drank the entire half gallon. YUCK! Made me gag, as 64 ounces of liquid is about my total liquid intake for 4 days!
The stuff really does work, though. I will be clean as a whistle. The bad thing is the actual procedure isn't until noon (I have to be there at 11). It is now 2:30 and I am STARVING!!! (Done with the bathroom, but starving). They told me clear liquids from midnight last night and nothing after midnight tonight. I already drank a can of chicken broth. Didn't even touch how hungry I am.
The surgery center did tell me beer qualifies as a clear liquid. Maybe after I get two or three in me, I won't mind being so hungry. Hey, just saw that jello is on the OK to eat list. On my way to Publix. At least I can chew and pretend it is filling me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment