About Me

My photo
Treasure Island, FL, United States
Just another one of the women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer every 65 seconds.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Thank the Lord that's done with!

It is true what they say about colonoscopies...the prep is worse than the act. But remind me not to let them schedule the stupid thing for noon (or later). While sitting in the waiting room, I was ready to rip off some one's arm and start gnawing. I was SOOOOO hungry. I had not had solid food in 43 hours at that point. And jello and broth doesn't exactly cut it in the hunger-slaking department.


Anyway, they were running behind. Nice. Finally went in around 1. By the time we got home, I was still shaky from the anesthesia so I settled for some toast and chicken noodle soup. Nectar of the Gods! Had to take a nap and really didn't feel 'normal' until the next day but boy oh boy did I make for lost time in the eating department. I ate everything I could lay my hands on.

On Sunday, I did run to Publix and picked up some Jello. At least I could chew it and pretend it was food. I will NEVER eat Jello again.

So the verdict after the test is 'everything looks fine'. Not what I wanted to hear but he did take biopsies. Should have results some time next week. We will be on vacation and all that stuff can just wait until we are back.

So Tuesday I had a DEXA (bone) scan. I asked for it since the onc wants me on Arimidex. In fact, he wrote the Rx already. I didn't fill it yet and might not ever fill it. Jury is still out. I see a holistic GYN on the 25th. She worked with a friend of a friend with breast cancer and helped her regulate her hormones. If she can help me with that, I am good to go and no 'A' needed. Fingers crossed. While I REALLY don't want to take that poison, I REALLY don't want the breast cancer to come back. I am sort of of the position that at my age, it's all about quality of life and not so much quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment